Missionary Prayer Intention
"So that the Christian communities scattered in Asia fervently proclaim the Gospel, witnessing the beauty with the joy of faith" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for September 2011
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Asian people are by nature religious. They have taken root on the continent since ancient times, ancient traditions that collect aspects of religious wisdom of all time. Paradoxically, the continent where the story of salvation began, the figure of Christ is completely unknown in many environments. We cannot forget that two thirds of the world’s inhabitants live in Asia. Only China and India collect nearly half of the world's population.
Although the Church looks at other religious traditions of the continent with great respect, it is clear to Christ’s Bride that she has to offer the priceless gift of Christ, that she received as a gift of the Father for the salvation of all. It is necessary that Christ’s name is proclaimed as the only name that can save us. Along with the good news of the Gospel, the testimony of Christian life has been and always will be the main cause of conversion to faith. There are two particular aspects that the Holy Father emphasizes in the missionary intention for this month: the joy of faith and beauty. Both refer to two deep aspirations of the human heart. Every man wants to be happy, and in the midst of difficulties and hardships of everyday life that everyone faces, friendship with Christ lived in faith brings a deep joy that surpasses the joy of this limited world. Secondly, beauty. Dostoevsky's sentence: "Beauty will save the world" became famous. Nothing is more beautiful than love, which is manifested to us in Christ crucified, and which gives a clear testimony to the many missionaries who have dedicated their lives to helping the poor.
Just a few days ago, the Holy Father Benedict XVI told an enthusiastic crowd of young people, gathered in Madrid for World Youth Day: "If you abide in the love of Christ, rooted in faith, you will meet, even in the midst of opposition and suffering, the source of joy and happiness. Faith is not opposed to your highest ideals, on the contrary, it elevates and perfects them. Dear young people, do not conform to something that is less than Truth and Love, or with someone who is less than Christ". (Prayer Vigil, 20/08/2011). This is the joyful proclamation of the Church, which must continue to be offered in Asia, too.
On the same occasion, the Pope said: "Just today, when the dominant relativistic culture renounces the search for truth and despises the search for truth, which is the highest aspiration of the human spirit, we have to propose courage and humility Christ's universal value as the savior of all men and source of hope for our lives".
The joy of faith and witness of beauty through love, will continue to give birth, in many hearts the desire for God, a knowledge of faith that makes you happy, because it makes us capable of loving. (Agenzia Fides 01/09/2011)
MISSIONARY PRAYER INTENTION
- 2012-05-31 - "That Christians in Europe may rediscover their true identity and participate with greater enthusiasm in the proclamation of the and participate with more enthusiasm in Gospel" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for June 2012
- 2012-04-27 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for May 2012
- 2012-03-30 - "That the risen Christ may be a sign of certain hope for the men and women of the African continent" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for April 2012
- 2012-01-30 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for February 2012
- 2012-01-13 - The Holy Father’s intentions for prayer, entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for the year 2013
- 2011-12-29 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for January 2012
- 2011-11-30 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for December 2011
- 2011-10-31 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for November 2011
- 2011-09-30 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for October 2011
- 2011-09-01 - Comment on the Missionary Intention for September 2011