VATICAN - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday evening the Holy Father received Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and newly appointed Personal Envoy of the Pope in Iraq, in Santa Marta, to show his closeness to the people, and especially to Christians, severely affected by the current conflict and who are most in need of support and encouragement .
The Cardinal informed the Pope on the preparation of his mission and his imminent departure.
The Pope expressed his feelings to the Cardinal with regards to the ongoing tragic events - feelings already expressed publicly by him several times in recent days - and gave him his personal recommendations for the mission, and a sum to be used for urgent aid to the people most affected, as a sign of concrete solidarity. A meeting with the highest national authorities and the Kurdish Region has also been scheduled. (Agenzia Fides 11/08/2014)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide