VATICAN - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday evening the Holy Father received Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and newly appointed Personal Envoy of the Pope in Iraq, in Santa Marta, to show his closeness to the people, and especially to Christians, severely affected by the current conflict and who are most in need of support and encouragement .
The Cardinal informed the Pope on the preparation of his mission and his imminent departure.
The Pope expressed his feelings to the Cardinal with regards to the ongoing tragic events - feelings already expressed publicly by him several times in recent days - and gave him his personal recommendations for the mission, and a sum to be used for urgent aid to the people most affected, as a sign of concrete solidarity. A meeting with the highest national authorities and the Kurdish Region has also been scheduled. (Agenzia Fides 11/08/2014)
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam
- 2015-01-14 - Saint Joseph Vaz, an example of missionary zeal
- 2015-01-07 - Pope Francis on the Day of Missionary Childhood: "Children announcers of the Gospel"