AFRICA/ETHIOPIA - Blessing of the nutritional and educational center in the Somali region of the Country
Gode (Agenzia Fides) – The missionary trip of Don Braulio Rodriguez Plaza, Archbishop of Toledo and Primate of Spain, to Ethiopia in the Ogaden Somali Region has just concluded. This was reported to Fides Agency by father Christopher Harthley Sartorius, a missionary who has been in Gode for several years (see Fides 04/03/2014). "It has been for me a great honor and pleasure to receive the visit of the Archbishop of my Diocese of origin, accompanied by two other Spanish priests who are my dear friends of the Seminary of Toledo, Father Eugene Isabel and Father Antonio Diufaín" said Fr. Christopher. "We also went to visit the Archbishop of Addis Abeba, His Exc. Mgr. Berhaneyesus Demerew Soraphiel, and other bishops of the country. We were in the mission territories of Dire Dawa, Harar, in today's region of Harari and Jijiga, the capital of the Somali region, and we concluded the visit in Gode and Kalafo, a remote village about 200 km from the border with Somalia, where there were a group of young Spanish missionaries who came to the summer camp to give health care assistance to the local population, and now they have moved to Dire Dawa. There was great excitement for the blessing of the nutritional and educational center, where we have been working hard for a long time", concluded Fr. Christopher. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 11/08/2014)
- 2015-04-24 - The Bishops: "We plead to the human traffickers who are tricking the youth to leave their country through illegal means to stop their acts"
- 2015-04-14 - Easter resurrection and the birth of twins in one of the most forgotten areas in the world
- 2015-03-11 - A primary school for children in Hosanna
- 2015-02-24 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – First step for a representative of the Catholic Church at the African Union
- 2015-01-09 - Cardinal-designate Souraphiel: "I will work for the Church so that it obtains the observer status in the African Union"
- 2014-12-11 - "I saw the urgency of the first evangelization with my own eyes" says a Fidei Donum priest
- 2014-12-02 - A more functional school for 4000 children in one of the poorest regions of the Country
- 2014-08-11 - Blessing of the nutritional and educational center in the Somali region of the Country
- 2014-07-05 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Healthcare and mobile school services for nomad pastoralists
- 2014-06-27 - Poverty and hunger, the consequences of an unjust economic system