AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
Misiones (Agenzia Fides) - "Dear brother, I came to know that on August 1, the Mburucuyá reception center opens. Through these lines I want to greet and thank all those involved in this work, which is a testimony of love and commitment. May Jesus bless you. Please do not forget to pray for me. Fraternally Francis". This is the message sent by Pope Francis to Father Jorge Chichizola, founder of the "Mburucuyá" reception center for girls and adolescent victims of sexual exploitation. The center, which was inaugurated on August 1, is managed by the coalition "Alto a la Trata" in Nu Pora de Garupá neighborhood.
According to a note sent to Fides from a local source, the ceremony was attended by civil authorities. "The center has become a reality thanks to the collaboration of Father Pablo Ferreiro, who chairs the Bemberg Foundation and managed to have this space", said one of the people in charge of the center, Claudia Lascano, who expressed the hope that "Misiones is only a tourist destination and not a place of sexual exploitation".
At the moment, the center houses eight young victims of trafficking and sexual exploitation. Their are offered assistance, thanks to a team of psychologists and social workers. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/08/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – POPE FRANCIS WELCOMES THE OPENING OF A RECEPTION CENTER FOR VICTIMS OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego
- 2015-04-08 - "Can one sing the Alleluia in the world we live in?"
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country