AMERICA/MEXICO - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
Tabasco (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Gerardo de Jesus Rojas López, Bishop of Tabasco, has welcomed the announcement on behalf of the state government to extend medical assistance to migrants offered by the Seguro Popular (national organization of health). The service period may extend up to three months.
In a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Rojas López states that it is a good policy because many migrants pass through Mexican territory to go looking for a job opportunity in the north, "and we must help them, it is necessary to share our resources with them even if they are foreigners".
"We have to follow what our Lord teaches; even if they are not from here, we must help everyone and all those in need", added the bishop.
"God is very generous" - continues Mgr. Rojas López - God gives in abundance, and without asking for anything in return".
Mgr. Rojas Lopez announced that on the last Monday in August, he will celebrate a Mass at the border with Guatemala, along with the Bishop of El Ceibo (the Guatemalan Diocese which borders the Diocese of Tabasco). "On that day we will be closer to migrants and pray together, listen to their requests and we will see what we can do according to our possibilities", concluded the Bishop. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination