AMERICA/MEXICO - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
Tabasco (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Gerardo de Jesus Rojas López, Bishop of Tabasco, has welcomed the announcement on behalf of the state government to extend medical assistance to migrants offered by the Seguro Popular (national organization of health). The service period may extend up to three months.
In a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Rojas López states that it is a good policy because many migrants pass through Mexican territory to go looking for a job opportunity in the north, "and we must help them, it is necessary to share our resources with them even if they are foreigners".
"We have to follow what our Lord teaches; even if they are not from here, we must help everyone and all those in need", added the bishop.
"God is very generous" - continues Mgr. Rojas López - God gives in abundance, and without asking for anything in return".
Mgr. Rojas Lopez announced that on the last Monday in August, he will celebrate a Mass at the border with Guatemala, along with the Bishop of El Ceibo (the Guatemalan Diocese which borders the Diocese of Tabasco). "On that day we will be closer to migrants and pray together, listen to their requests and we will see what we can do according to our possibilities", concluded the Bishop. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children