AMERICA/MEXICO - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
Tabasco (Agenzia Fides) – Mgr. Gerardo de Jesus Rojas López, Bishop of Tabasco, has welcomed the announcement on behalf of the state government to extend medical assistance to migrants offered by the Seguro Popular (national organization of health). The service period may extend up to three months.
In a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Rojas López states that it is a good policy because many migrants pass through Mexican territory to go looking for a job opportunity in the north, "and we must help them, it is necessary to share our resources with them even if they are foreigners".
"We have to follow what our Lord teaches; even if they are not from here, we must help everyone and all those in need", added the bishop.
"God is very generous" - continues Mgr. Rojas López - God gives in abundance, and without asking for anything in return".
Mgr. Rojas Lopez announced that on the last Monday in August, he will celebrate a Mass at the border with Guatemala, along with the Bishop of El Ceibo (the Guatemalan Diocese which borders the Diocese of Tabasco). "On that day we will be closer to migrants and pray together, listen to their requests and we will see what we can do according to our possibilities", concluded the Bishop. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"