EUROPE/SPAIN – Celebration for 484 missionaries of Palencia around the world
Palencia (Agenzia Fides) - About 40 missionaries of Palencia gathered for the usual summer meeting, together with the bishop of the diocese, Mgr. Esteban Escudero, and the diocesan delegate for the Missions, Father Dionisio Antolin, representing 484 palentinos missionaries that the Diocese sent all over the world.
According to a note sent to Fides, the largest group, 70 among priests and religious women work in Venezuela. Of this group, Sister Valentina García Merino, who in August celebrates 50 years of her mission in the Latin American country talked about her experience.
"This year I said goodbye to everyone, because I cannot go back", said the nun, sobbing because she was forced to leave her mission because of health problems, after a life dedicated to religious assistance in a canteen which serves about 70 children in the city of Bachaquero.
After Venezuela (with 70 missionaries), the Latin American countries with more palentinos missionaries are: Argentina (60), Peru (41), Chile (36) and Ecuador (20).
A partial list of the countries with the presence of palentinos Missionaries in Europe: Italy (20) and France (10); in Africa: Angola (9) and Equatorial Guinea (5); in Asia: Japan (6), Taiwan (5) and the Philippines (5).
The complete list is by continents: America 365, Europe 50, Africa 41 and Asia-Oceania 28. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/08/2014)
EUROPE/SPAIN – CELEBRATION FOR 484 MISSIONARIES OF PALENCIA AROUND THE WORLD
- 2015-11-24 - Poverty: main cause of the violation of children's rights
- 2015-11-10 - Cardinal Filoni at the Universidad San Damaso for the 50th anniversary of the "Perfectae caritatis" and "Ad Gentes" Decrees
- 2015-10-16 - The redemption of rights: day for the eradication of poverty
- 2015-10-16 - Thousands of faithful at the closing celebrations of the Teresian Jubilee
- 2015-09-23 - International Day against human trafficking
- 2015-07-23 - Trafficking of human persons, "flourishing business on the increase”
- 2015-07-17 - Priest stabbed to death on the doorstep
- 2015-07-07 - Cardinal Filoni in Burgos: "Can we say that the people of God today are missionary people?"
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas