ASIA/IRAQ - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Since the meetings of the Iraqi parliament convened to form a new government have proven to be a waste of time, Patriarch Louis Raphael I sent a Letter to the Members of Iraqi Parliament. The Patriarch - so says the appeal - adding his "humble voice as Christian religious authority in Iraq" to the voice of all the Muslim authorities, begs them "to accelerate the elections of the three presidencies to save the country from the dangers of and disorganization and loosing" .
The Leader of the Chaldean Church proposes to members of Parliament a short and intense prayer, to be read at the beginning of their meetings, "God - so reads the invocation suggested by the Patriarch - help us that we may use the dialogue between us and that we may understand each other to resolve the misunderstanding between us, far from restriction and sectarianism. God help us to spread the peace and tranquility between our people, so that Iraq may come out from its problem victorious. Amen". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/07/2014)
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"