AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Healthcare and mobile school services for nomad pastoralists
Jijiga (Agenzia Fides) - The pastors of the Somali Region, in the south east of Etiopia live breeding cattle, camels, cattle and goats. In the arid and drought-prone region, they are forced to move from one place to another in search of pasture and water wells for their animals. The lifestyle of the community does not allow children to have proper schooling and as a consequence they are taught by the elders. Various kinds of mobile services have existed for decades in the Somali region, and in recent years the regional government, along with NGOs, have been promoting new initiatives to increase them throughout the region. In order to improve their living conditions, health care services, veterinary and mobile schools have been created, which go directly to the places where these people live. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/07/2014)
AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – HEALTHCARE AND MOBILE SCHOOL SERVICES FOR NOMAD PASTORALISTS
- 2015-07-31 - “Print your Future” : Graphic Art for very vulnerable young people
- 2015-04-24 - The Bishops: "We plead to the human traffickers who are tricking the youth to leave their country through illegal means to stop their acts"
- 2015-04-14 - Easter resurrection and the birth of twins in one of the most forgotten areas in the world
- 2015-03-11 - A primary school for children in Hosanna
- 2015-02-24 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – First step for a representative of the Catholic Church at the African Union
- 2015-01-09 - Cardinal-designate Souraphiel: "I will work for the Church so that it obtains the observer status in the African Union"
- 2014-12-11 - "I saw the urgency of the first evangelization with my own eyes" says a Fidei Donum priest
- 2014-12-02 - A more functional school for 4000 children in one of the poorest regions of the Country
- 2014-08-11 - Blessing of the nutritional and educational center in the Somali region of the Country
- 2014-07-05 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Healthcare and mobile school services for nomad pastoralists