VATICAN - Message of condolence from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Filoni, for the death of Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On April 10, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, sent the following message of condolence to His Beatitude Raphael Louis Sako I, Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans.
"His Beatitude, upon receiving the news of the pious death of His Most Eminent Beatitude Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly, Patriarch emeritus of Babylon of the Chaldeans, I join you in prayer, affection and regret that cross the hearts of the faithful of the noble Chaldean Church. To You, to the Bishops, Priests, Religious men and women, and all the faithful, I offer my condolences.
I recall all the moments I lived with him in my five years in Baghdad, and in the following years here in Rome, where my spiritual and human relations with Patriarch Delly continued until recently. I remember the human and fraternal manner he welcomed me every time we met, the closeness and tribulations for the beloved Country Iraq, the concerns for our Christians, hopes for the Chaldean Church.
Heedless of the danger, he wanted to remain in Baghdad, with his faithful, always: as a priest of God, as Bishop of the Diocese of Baghdad, as Patriarch. Exemplary in his human dignity and ecclesial life. Our Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, as head of the Pontifical Urban College, remembers him with esteem and I pray that the Lord whom he served with fidelity will grant him eternal rest.
Dear Beatitude, the consoling words of Jesus that Patriarch Delly listened to in his encounter with the Lord: "Come, good and faithful servant, enter into the house of thy Lord", are for all of us consolation and support. I am sure that now he will be even closer to his/our Chaldean Church and will intercede for its own good, for the Sanctification of Priests, Religious men and women, and for the protection of all Christians. A special thank you goes to You and to all those who took care of him, especially in these last years of his life.
Prefect, Cardinal Fernando Filoni". (Agenzia Fides 11/04/2014)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"