ASIA/IRAQ - A special prayer for the elections will be recited in all the Chaldean churches
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Sako Raphael I gave orders to spread a special prayer in all the Chaldean churches in Iraq which will be recited at the end of Sunday Masses in view of the upcoming elections, scheduled on April 30. "O Lord", says the prayer, sent to Fides Agency, "You are our Creator and Father. We turn to you, in the delicate and difficult circumstances experienced by our Country. We ask for your help as individuals, as communities and government, so that the next election thinks about the well-being of Iraq and its children". In the special prayer, the faithful ask to be enlightened "so that we can fulfill our responsibilities as voters with honesty and loyalty and vote political representatives who are able to build our Country and assure security, peace and development".
Tomorrow there will be a meeting between Patriarch Sako with the President of the autonomous region of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2014)
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"
- 2014-07-23 - The jihadists of the "Caliphate" attack Tilkif, rejected by Kurdish Peshmerga
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated
- 2014-07-15 - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
- 2014-07-15 - The Chaldean nuns and the children released, "a sign of hope for all"
- 2014-07-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – Safety measures taken for the relics of St. Thomas Mosul