ASIA/IRAQ - A special prayer for the elections will be recited in all the Chaldean churches
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Sako Raphael I gave orders to spread a special prayer in all the Chaldean churches in Iraq which will be recited at the end of Sunday Masses in view of the upcoming elections, scheduled on April 30. "O Lord", says the prayer, sent to Fides Agency, "You are our Creator and Father. We turn to you, in the delicate and difficult circumstances experienced by our Country. We ask for your help as individuals, as communities and government, so that the next election thinks about the well-being of Iraq and its children". In the special prayer, the faithful ask to be enlightened "so that we can fulfill our responsibilities as voters with honesty and loyalty and vote political representatives who are able to build our Country and assure security, peace and development".
Tomorrow there will be a meeting between Patriarch Sako with the President of the autonomous region of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2014)
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"