ASIA/IRAQ - The Heads of Churches to all Christians: let us participate in the elections
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Council of Christian Church-Leaders of Iraq, an organization that brings together all the leaders of different Christian denominations in the Middle Eastern Country - has issued a brief pronouncement in which it invites all faithful to participate in the upcoming national elections, scheduled for April 30. In the text, sent to Fides Agency, Christian leaders appeal to the civil liability that involves everyone in the dramatic situation experienced by Iraq . "It is important not to despair of the fate of this Country", write the Christian leaders, while they ask "God to inspire us to choose for the good of the whole nation".
Once again, political activists linked to the Christian communities in Iraq present themselves in random order to the electoral appointment that will have to select 325 members of Parliament (with 5 seats reserved for Christians), called in turn to elect the President and the Iraqi Prime Minister in respect of the system that reserves the presidential office to a Kurd and that of the Prime Minister to a Shiite. There are at least 9 small lists inspired by Christian activists (Chaldeans, Syriacs, Assyrians). (GV) (Agenzia Fides 24/03/2014)
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated
- 2014-07-15 - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
- 2014-07-15 - The Chaldean nuns and the children released, "a sign of hope for all"
- 2014-07-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – Safety measures taken for the relics of St. Thomas Mosul
- 2014-07-07 - False news regarding the kidnapping of a priest and a nun in Mosul
- 2014-07-05 - Churches in Kirkuk assist Muslim refugees during Ramadan
- 2014-07-03 - ASIA/IRAQ – Bombings and raids against churches in Mosul for the release of the nuns and orphans