ASIA/IRAQ - The Heads of Churches to all Christians: let us participate in the elections
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Council of Christian Church-Leaders of Iraq, an organization that brings together all the leaders of different Christian denominations in the Middle Eastern Country - has issued a brief pronouncement in which it invites all faithful to participate in the upcoming national elections, scheduled for April 30. In the text, sent to Fides Agency, Christian leaders appeal to the civil liability that involves everyone in the dramatic situation experienced by Iraq . "It is important not to despair of the fate of this Country", write the Christian leaders, while they ask "God to inspire us to choose for the good of the whole nation".
Once again, political activists linked to the Christian communities in Iraq present themselves in random order to the electoral appointment that will have to select 325 members of Parliament (with 5 seats reserved for Christians), called in turn to elect the President and the Iraqi Prime Minister in respect of the system that reserves the presidential office to a Kurd and that of the Prime Minister to a Shiite. There are at least 9 small lists inspired by Christian activists (Chaldeans, Syriacs, Assyrians). (GV) (Agenzia Fides 24/03/2014)
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected