EUROPE/ITALY - "Help for the end of the earth": a new mobile health auxiliary in the archipelago of the Solomon Islands
Rome (Agenzia Fides) – The aim of the project - "Help for the end of the earth" - is to set up a new health auxiliary and provide for formation of local health personnel to fight diseases such as HIV, malaria, tuberculosis and above al Bakwa, a serious skin disease that is found especially in the most distant islands of the archipelago, the Shortlands. This race event came into being as a celebration of sport on the occasion of All Saints Day and is promoted by Don Bosco in the World Foundation and supports a specific humanitarian initiative each year. The sixth edition of la Corsa dei Santi leaves St Peter’s Square on Friday, November 1. According to the statement sent to Fides by ANS, this year it will be supporting a preventive health care project for the Solomon Islands, where there are only two hospitals: the national one and the "Good Samaritan Hospital" set up by Bishop Luciano Capelli SDB, with the help of the association " Amici Missione Isole Salomone (AMIS) (Friends of the Solomon Islands)". Both hospitals are located on the main island, Guadalcanal. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 30/10/2013)
- 2014-04-24 - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 - EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda