AFRICA - "Pray for Peace also through social networks" the South African Bishops’ appeal
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Church in Africa has mobilized in response to the appeal launched by Pope Francis for a day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria, the Middle East and the world, organized for Saturday, September 7.
The Bishops of Gabon have exposed the Blessed Sacrament in all the parishes inviting the faithful to go there to pray according to the Pope’s intentions.
In South Africa, the Bishops ask Christians to pray for peace not only in churches but also at home and even through social networks. The Catholic station Radio Veritas will also air a special prayer vigil for the occasion.
Even in Mali, which has just come out of a serious separatist conflict, "the Bishops - refers Fr. Edmond Dembele, Secretary of the local Episcopal Conference – have called on Christians and all Malians of good will to respond to Pope Francis’ appeal to pray and fast in order to avoid the world, and especially the innocent civilians, a conflict which no one knows the outcomes and the damage they could face". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 06/09/2013)
- 2015-10-12 - Ugandan Bishops: "Pope Francis comes here as a bridge builder"
- 2015-09-30 - Bishops on the challenges regarding the family in Africa: poverty, war, ecological crisis, contrary ideologies
- 2015-09-22 - Africa prepares to welcome Pope Francis
- 2015-06-10 - "The main problem in Africa is the crisis of values", says a UN African Special Representative
- 2015-04-20 - Senegalese NGO: "An international coalition to combat human trafficking"
- 2015-03-26 - Rome -Caritas meeting: A million displaced persons and refugees fleeing Boko Haram
- 2015-03-18 - AFRICA – One out of 5 people with Ebola is a child
- 2015-03-14 - "Africa, a continent on the move", Africa is always more part of the global village
- 2015-03-02 - "Do not lose hope aroused by the Arab Spring", say the Bishops of North Africa
- 2015-01-08 - The Holy See expresses gratitude to local Churches in Africa fighting Ebola