AFRICA - "Pray for Peace also through social networks" the South African Bishops’ appeal
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Church in Africa has mobilized in response to the appeal launched by Pope Francis for a day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria, the Middle East and the world, organized for Saturday, September 7.
The Bishops of Gabon have exposed the Blessed Sacrament in all the parishes inviting the faithful to go there to pray according to the Pope’s intentions.
In South Africa, the Bishops ask Christians to pray for peace not only in churches but also at home and even through social networks. The Catholic station Radio Veritas will also air a special prayer vigil for the occasion.
Even in Mali, which has just come out of a serious separatist conflict, "the Bishops - refers Fr. Edmond Dembele, Secretary of the local Episcopal Conference – have called on Christians and all Malians of good will to respond to Pope Francis’ appeal to pray and fast in order to avoid the world, and especially the innocent civilians, a conflict which no one knows the outcomes and the damage they could face". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 06/09/2013)
- 2014-10-10 - The campaign "Let us turn over a new leaf, for democratic change in Africa" has been launched
- 2014-09-25 - Ebola and witchcraft: children accused of causing the spread of the virus
- 2014-06-25 - Ebola in West Africa: massive deployment of resources needed
- 2014-06-23 - "Immigrants are transforming our Church", say the Catholic Bishops of North Africa
- 2014-06-11 - Economics and Finance: Is Africa the continent of the future?
- 2014-04-25 - President of SECAM: "Africans have to rely greatly on their own human material resources"
- 2013-12-02 - No discrimination of AIDS patients; emphasis on "miraculous" solutions
- 2013-11-20 - Thirty years of the Church’s commitment in Africa against AIDS
- 2013-11-12 - Typhoon in the Philippines: solidarity in Africa springs into action
- 2013-10-15 - The wishes of the Catholic Church in Africa to the Muslim faithful for the feast of Aid El Adha