AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Peace and War, a key concern of the Church in Bolivia
La Paz ( Agenzia Fides) - The Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) has called the faithful and all people of good will to join Pope Francis with prayer and fasting for peace in Syria. For this reason, on Saturday, September 7, from 1 to 7 p.m. all parishes are invited to join the Holy Father’s initiative for peace. In the note sent to Fides Agency, the Secretary-General of the CEB, Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini , explains that "due to lthe imited time available it is impossible to prepare a mass mobilization, but every diocese and every parish is preparing a meeting for this reason". The Secretary of the CEB also points out that the theme of war is a very important issue for the Church: "our communities are already active to pray for peace in the world". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/09/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz